Xwalk codes are customer specified values that correspond to individual Locations or Classifications within your ARCOS instance. Oftentimes, customers will utilize the Xwalk codes to tie specific job or location values from their internal HR software with ARCOS. These Xwalk codes can then be used within a Loader file or REST API call to add or edit employee data. You can have several Xwalk codes that correspond to the same location or classification.
Below are the most common questions or issues that customers may have with Xwalk codes:
- How do I add/edit/delete an Xwalk code?
- Xwalks can only be modified by ARCOS
- Open a ticket with ARCOS Support and provide the following information:
- Is this a Location or Class Xwalk?
- What is the specific code(s)?
- Which Location or Class does this code apply to?
- Does this code need to be added or removed?
- What is an Employee Xwalk code?
- Some customers attribute a specific Xwalk code to an employee.
- These codes are often used to attribute a user’s company identification number with their profile in ARCOS.
- Often, these codes are utilized as the employee identifier when using loader files instead of the employee’s WebID.
- Employee Xwalks can be modified by the customer via the Employee>Modify page.
- How do I see which Xwalk codes exist in my system?
- This information is not available to view within the system except by ARCOS
- Open a ticket with ARCOS Support to request a CSV file of all Location or Classification Xwalk values
- What should I do if I see Warnings or Failures in my HRI files that say ““Warning: Job Class not found:”?
- Review the Job Class code sent in the file to ensure there are no spelling errors or extra spaces in the column
- Open a ticket with ARCOS Support and provide
- The HRI file name
- The HRI file upload date
- The name of the employee with the warning/failure
- The full text of the warning/failure
- Ex. “Warning: Job Class not found:Supv Construction & Maint. Added to warning table.”