An employee reports they did not receive text message from a Callout and the Callout Detail Report shows "Data Send Failure" Results and the Reason Shows Condensed template not found. This will be true for all the employees in that callout where a SMS alert was sent.
This is how it will show in the Callout Detail Report.
The reason we see this error message is because the Callout Type selected for the Callout does not have an Alert Template set up. We can see in this example this company tried to use the Fill Shift Callout type and the Callout type does not have templates selected. They only have 1 out of their 5 Callout Types setup under the Email for Callout Category.
This image is BEFORE an Alert Template has been assigned to the Callout Type.
They only have templates set up for the Normal Callout type. If you want to use the SMS Alert for any of the other Callout types, you will need to add an Alert Template.
Here is the link to Assigning an Alert Template à Assigning Alert Template
Assigning an Alert Template
Once an alert template has been created, you can assign it to various callout or notification types.
To Assign a Template to a Callout, Notification, or Alert Type
- Click the Sys Admin tab.
- Click the Alerts sub-tab.
- Click the Alert Template link.
Note: The list of available alert templates on this page depends upon the functionality that your company has and may be a different list than the one shown in this example.
- Click the radio button in the Select column in the Alert Templates table for the template you wish to assign.
- Click either the Full Template or Condensed/SMS Template column in the Alert Template Usage table for the type to which you wish to assign the template. ARCOS will ask you to confirm. Clicking OK in the confirmation pop-up assigns the template and saves the change in real-time, displaying this message to indicate that the save is complete.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each callout or notification type for which you wish to assign a template.
After the templates have been added they will show here like below on the right-hand side. Templates are now added for Normal, All Hands on Deck, Travel, Email for Callout, Prearranged (no charge), and Fill Shift (charge).
This image is AFTER an Alert Template has been assigned to the Callout Type.