Holidays are an important part of any company’s employee management process. In ARCOS, holidays are used to make employees available for callouts during their normal shift time for the selected day. It is important that holidays are setup properly in ARCOS so employees do not miss call opportunities because ARCOS sees their availability status as “Working – Normal” shift when they are really available due to the holiday.
There are two different Holiday Admin pages in ARCOS. The first type only allows holidays to be assigned to the entire system and the other type allows holidays to be applied at different levels within the location hierarchy.
To create and apply a holiday in ARCOS:
- Click on the Holiday button on the SysAdmin tab. The Holiday Admin page displays with a list of existing holidays for the current year.
- Type the name of the new holiday in the Holiday Name textbox.
- Type the month and day for the holiday in the Date fields.
- Click the Save button. The newly created holiday will be in the list of available holidays with but is not applied.
- Check the Apply checkbox next to the holiday.
- ARCOS supports separate holiday schedules for different locations so if your Holiday Admin page has the Apply To section, select which level within the hierarchy to apply the holiday.
- Click the Save button.
Did you know...
To apply the holiday to a specific level 4 location only, change your location to the location you want the holiday applied to, check the Apply checkbox, select the Level 4 option in the Apply To section of the page and click the Save button.