There are a number of reasons an employee may need to be added to a roster. Whether it is for a temporary upgrade position or to be part of an on-call list, the employee must be added or removed from the roster at a specific time. Relying on someone to manually add or remove the employee could result in the employee being called for a callout when they should not have been because the employee was not taken off the roster.
Future Assignments alleviates the need for an ARCOS user to remember to add and remove employees from rosters at a specific time. Future Assignments can be used to add an employee to a roster for a specific time frame, permanently add an employee to a roster, or remove an employee from a roster.
To create a Future Assignment:
- Navigate to the location where the roster resides.
- Click the Roster List Ordering button on the List Mnt tab.
- Click the maint link next to the roster the employee will be added to via Future Assignment. The
Roster List Maintenance screen for the selected roster displays.
- Click the Future (Scheduled) Assignments button towards the bottom of the page. The
Future Assignments page displays.
- Click the Add Assignment button. A list of employees in the current location displays.
- Check the checkbox next to the employee or employees you wish to include in the Future Assignment.
- Click the Proceed button at the bottom of the page. The selected employee(s) and Future Assignment details display.
- Use the calendar icons to make the necessary adjustments to the Assignment Start and End dates and times.
- Click the Save Assignment button. Your selection displays in a table of Future Assignments (shown above).