When a new Senior Lineman gets called out to fill a Lineman slot, you know you are going to hear about it. Likewise, if an employee moves to a new Service Center but is not put on the new list and misses a callout, they won’t be happy or quiet about it. What you need is to have the right rosters update automatically when an employee is promoted or moves to a different location.
Super Class Configuration allows multiple Primary Classes to be combined into a single roster, which can be useful when creating a list that consists of Linemen and Linemen Apprentices from one area for J/A Rule based callouts. When Super Class Configuration is used, employees are moved on and off lists automatically when their location or job class changes, preventing the need to manually update multiple lists.
To setup Super Class Config for an existing workgroup follow the steps below:
- Click the Roster List Ordering button on the List Mnt tab.
- Click the admin link next to the workgroup.
- Click the Edit Super Class Config button towards the bottom of the page.
- Select the location the employees reside in from the Location dropdown.
- Select the desired Primary Classification from the Class dropdown.
- Click the Save SuperClass Config button.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each location and class that will appear on the list.
Did you know...
The same Sort Pref logic that is used on the List Maintenance page can be used with Super Class Config. For example, Super Class Config can be used to add Journeymen and Apprentices to a list and keep them separate on the list. This can be done by entering a Sort Pref for each class on the Super Class Config page. See the Maintaining two Classes on a List with Rotate article for more details.