There are instances when employees stay late and work beyond their normal shift hours. To prevent these employees from being called for callouts they are not really available to work, ARCOS has a feature called holdover. Holdovers are used in ARCOS to indicate employees who are working past their normal working hours. The simplest way to place an employee on holdover is from the Employee Working page (located on the Callout tab).
To place an employee on holdover from the Employee Working page:
- Click the Callout tab. The Callout screen displays.
- Click the Working button. The Employee Working page displays.
- Click the Edit button to the right of “Location Filter,” to search for an employee in a different location.
- Select the start time and date from the Effective Start fields, if desired
– OR –
Click the checkbox to the right of the Select Date by Range field, if you wish to add an end time to the search.
Note: The employee’s shift record must overlap the selected date or date range, in order to place them on holdover.
- Click the Shift checkbox in the Filter by section.
- Click the Show Employees at Selected Time button to view employees who are working their shift at the selected time.
- Type a description in the Holdover Description field, if a description is needed for the holdover.
- Click the checkbox in the Hold column for all employees you wish to place on holdover.
- Click the Release/Holdover button, at the bottom of the page. The screen refreshes and the selected employee(s) is placed on holdover as of the end of their shift.